5.04.2005

gesture

A selfish gesture

I am a narcissist

People are always telling me that I need to do something for myself. Take time for yourself. Take a class, join a gym, etc. But is this enough? Sure, I join a gym, but is it enough?

Think for a moment of the most selfish thing you are capable of doing. If given the chance, would you do it? Think beyond taking a vacation by yourself. Think beyond taking a class alone. Think beyond the unbinding constraints of your home life. What could you do that would be an activity that would be the most self-involved, narcissistic thing you could do? Something not only just for you, but only could be done by you. Even if it would be viewed as unappealing by others. Could you?

Think beyond taking a moment for yourself. A moment passes too quickly. Stretch out your mind. Think endless sublime. Not temporary.

Does it take great courage or great indifference to commit a selfish gesture? Purely selfish.

No comments: