1.24.2005

making a list

these are things i need to do:

buy paper towel
buy something for dinner
get emma to dance
feed nik and emma before dance
put clothes in washer in drier
fold clothes from drier and put away
empty out dishwasher
put dirty dishes in dishwasher
clean toilets
clean up my bedroom
dust blinds in living room


these are things that i am thinking about:

a small hand holding on to the back of my knee as i do dishes
small hands finger painting my face
the smell of sunshine in hair
finding a collection of rocks in a pair of jeans
discovering a headless barbie in my bed
smelling the top of a baby head while they sleep on my chest
days spent in pajama's
finding dried out playdough under dining room table
a collection of my toothbrushes in a pillowcase
giggling in the morning
the magic kiss on a band aid
playing princess and dragon
baby monster
playing in the sink


as i reach a particular place in my life i stop and take stock. by letting one thing go i will not lose these memories. they are mine forever and nothing can take that away from me. things may change, but some things remain the same always. who says you can't live on love alone?

No comments: