10.08.2004

up & away in my beautiful balloon....

WARNING -- THE FOLLOWING BLOG CONTAINS A WHIFF OF POLITICS. 'TIS THE SEASON.....


i have been talking way too much lately. i have been having an out-of-body experience while i am in the middle of conversations. my mouth is running a mile a minute and suddenly i float off. no longer aware of what i am saying. then, in an instant i am back in the moment. however, i cannot remember what i am talking about but am painfully aware that i am talking. and talking. and talking. so, then i am nervous and embarassed, my face turns purple and my conversation ends up in me saying something like:

"well, so, like i don't know. i'm just so crazy. who am i to talk. i mean, ya know, life is so funny that way....."

i trail off into oblivion, the stares of the people around me cause me to laugh nervously and i end up chirping like a crazed squirrel.

i so wish that all of my talking could be held in one of those cartoon balloons. that way when i zap back into the middle of my conversations i could politely excuse myself and float away.

"....so, like, ummmm...yeah, excuse me. i need to just grab these words and get the fuck out of here. it may seem rude, but really i am doing this for your own good. if i don't float away right now i am just going to keep rambling to you and i have no idea what we are talking about. bye bye......"

ah, if only life could be like cartoons. i can only imagine what i would look like. a frumpy watermelon-shaped-head creature with a long nose and giant teeth that fly out of my big mouth when i laugh. clown feet that trip me, even when i am sitting on my alaskan sized butt. a chirping voice that rises to ear-splitting levels when upset. tall and wide forehead that has a running ticker with the following: "WARNING! SOME MATERIAL NOT SUITABLE FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN! PERSCRIPTION MEDICATION ADVISED. CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. HANDLE WITH CARE!" what a pretty picture.

it is friday family movie night here. although dan and i are biding our time until the kids go to bed and we can really let our hair down. soft lights, the warm glow of the television, eating chinese food in bed....and listening to dan scream at george w. and me yelling at dan, "quiet! i can't hear a goddamn thing when you yell!" nik coming out into the hallway to see what all the yelling is about, "hey, relax you guys. we are all friends here. why is daddy yelling at the president?" emma coming out of her room to see what all the activity is about and deciding to climb up into our love nest/bed and eat all of my chinese food. both of the kids telling dan to stop yelling at the president. dan using some junk words and promising both the kids he will put $10 into the junk word jar. me saying, "ALL RIGHT. IT IS NOW TIME FOR EVERYONE TO RETURN TO THEIR ROOMS AND GO TO SLEEP." me making dan go back out to get more food. me falling asleep waiting for dan to come back. me waking up in the middle of the night and looking over at my husband sleeping soundly. i will look at him and feel a sudden rush of love. sometimes it hits me so hard i lose my breath. i will nudge him in the ribs and kiss him on the nose and i will be reminded of how lucky i am.

god bless and remember to VOTE!

No comments: