12.26.2004

Charlie's Angels

christmas eve mass never fails to bring a tear to my eye. i don't know if it is the decorations, the music, or the sheer joy i feel when i am with my little family. this year was no different. my babies were not thrilled about going to mass, but little evita was calmed down with the promise that she could wear "magic sparkily shoes" with her dress. the best part of mass was the dimissial when "hark the herald angels sing" was sung, and both of my kids yelled, "hey, it's the charlie brown music!" both babies sang at the top of their lungs, using their own lyrics.

it was a pleasant christmas, and i do intent to stretch the holiday spirit throughout the week the kids are home from school. i haven't seen much of nik. he has been busy burning his brain cells playing xbox nonstop. i am trying not to feel guilty about this. emma is in good spirits, playing barbie in peril constantly, and thankfully, not requiring the participation of dan or me.

sadly, the tree is dead. it looks nice proped up in the snow at the curb. next year i must resist the urge to buy the tree a month before christmas.

blessing and peace to the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there - It's Kari from Housewife Chronicles. Yeah, I get that chokey - weepy feeling from Christmas Eve mass too. We've been going Christmas Day the past couple of years but you know, it just isn't the same.

Unfortunately, Grandma and Grandpa got Jamie tons of games that requirre two or more players which means endless games of connect four, uno and trouble. Gah. I think they are going to be hid very very soon.

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

beanweb, stumbled upon your site accidently but it was such a fascinating read i was hooked for a good half hour. I'm currently trying to rekindle my blog on fancy dress for little girl but i feel my first few posts may have deterred people from responding. If you could post one for me, I feel it would help me collect information about fancy dress for little girl. Thanks again for the great read!

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Charlie's Angels

Hey beanweb, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a spa chemical blog. It pretty much covers
spa chemical related stuff.

Come and check out spa chemical if you get time :-)