12.06.2004

somebody up there really likes me....

my beloved sparky. today is my love's birthday. we don't make a big deal about birthday's or christmas, i say "we" as in dan and me. we have learned to make every day special. i know i may sound completely corny, but we truly view each day we have together as a gift. i can't put into words how much this man means to me. i know i have written a great deal about him and all that makes him wonderful, but i couldn't resist sharing one moment.....

quite a few years ago (before babies) dan and i had gone out for an evening. this meant both of us getting dressed up in fancy clothes, a fancy dinner and staying out past 1 am. it had been a lovely evening and we both enjoyed ourselves and the company of friends. upon returning home we both changed into our p.j.'s, i made a big bowl of popcorn and we watched an old bette davis movie on tv. during the commercial, dan leaned over to me and whispered, "this is the best part of the entire evening."

this is what i love best about dan. you can take all your fancy dinners, fancy clothes, entertaining people and stimulating conversation. dan would rather be alone with me. i don't know if this is a sickness on his part. i know i feel the same way. sure, there is a lot of very interesting things to do and see in the world, but what better place to be than snuggled up with the love of my life. i realize i gush, but can you tell me what is better than stretching your foot across the bed in the middle of the night and touch toes with your love? the man can still make me blush.

daniel, you are my love and my best friend. i am soooooo proud of you. you take such great care of me and your children. you have my admiration and my respect. for now and always. i love you to death, sparky!!!

No comments: