9.05.2004

gotta love the chef

this is the reason i love my babies.

nik: boy, i love this chef boyardee. ( he was eating pasta and homemade sauce. i don't have the slightest idea why he feels the need to reduce my home-cooked meals to something that comes out of a can)

emma: i don't like the chef. it is disgusting! (she says this as she is eating like i haven't fed her for weeks.)

me: when did either of you ever have chef boyardee?

nik: long time ago.

emma: yeah.

me: when? when did you have the chef? (now i am calling it "the chef." isn't it funny how we parents pick up and use our children's language?)

nik: BIG SIGH -- when we went to the north pole. santa gave it to us.

me: you went all the way to the north pole and all santa could feed you was the chef?

nik: i liked it. santa's busy. he showed me some karate.

emma: yeah. and ballet dances, too.

me: where was mrs. claus?

emma: she dead.

nik: yeah.


i see.

No comments: